Lundin spuds Gobi-1 exploration well in Natuna Sea  October 13th, 2014

Lundin Petroleum AB has spudded the Gobi-1 wildcat oil exploration well to test the hydrocarbon potential of Oligocene and Early Miocene stacked fluvial reservoirs in a 3-way fault dependent structure in the Jemaja basin.

well, part of the Gurita production-sharing contract in the Natuna Sea offshore Indonesia, will be drilled and evaluated over a period of 30 days using Japan Drilling Co.’s Hakuryu-11 jack up rig, reaching a total depth of 2,400 m below mean sea level.

Lundin estimates the Gobi prospect could contain unrisked, gross, prospective resources of 25 million boe.
Lundin operates the Gurita PSC through wholly owned subsidiary Lundin Gurita BV with 90% interest (OGJ Online, Apr. 1, 2011). Nido Petroleum Ltd. holds the remaining 10%.

Source: OGJ

Newsletter


Subscribe to our newsletter to receive notifications for events and other special news.

By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies that apply.

Latest News


Blink Exploration Well Commences Drilling in the Norwegian Sea

  September 23rd, 2015

Faroe Petroleum, the independent oil and gas company focusing principally on exploration, appraisal and production opportunities in Norway and t...

Oil and Natural Gas Boost 2015 Trade Balance

  August 5th, 2015

Today’s mid-year trade report from the U.S. Commerce Department shows that the oil and natural gas industry continues to drive U.S. economic g...

Fire Hits at LyondellBasell's Berre Petrochemical Complex

  July 15th, 2015

An investigation is under way into the cause of a fire and subsequent explosions that occurred on July 14 at LyondellBasell’s Berre petrochemi...